CSC Academy Categorization
With an aim to provide quality education and skills services through the CSC’s, a categorization of these centers is done. For the purpose of the CSC Academy, education programs include skill programs.
The following steps are followed to get approval for a VLE CSC to be certified as a CSC Academy.
1. Any VLE interested to get their CSC registered as CSC Academy, are required to check their eligibility based on the criteria laid down below.
2. New Entry (within CSC) - Block wise CSC Academy will be verified by district nodal officers, based on online registration by VLE's.
3. New Entry (Outside CSC) - DC/DM identify a good (According to CSC Academy criteria) and interested center who wants to become a CSC Academy center but they have to register first as a CSC then they able to register as a CSC Academy center.
4. VLE registers by filling online form, registration fees and upload signed affidavit.
5. Registration fees is Rs 5,000/- (Rupees Five Thousand only)(Rs.4237/- + GST Rs.763/-), and is non-refundable to be paid from the CSC Wallet along with the signed affidavit(please ensure download revised affidavit) in the online form.
6. Post submission of the online form the State team shall do a physical verification.
7. Based on the verification, the CSC Academy central team shall consider providing a provisional approval for the CSC VLEto be certified under CSC Academy.
8. All CSC Academy VLE shall have some level of uniformity e.g. CSC Academy sign-board outside the center, wall coloring, records management, and those notified from time-to-time by the state and district nodal officers of CSC Academy. All CSC Academy VLE shall comply to the uniformity standards within the time-frame as notified.
9. From time-to-time regular audit and verification shall be done by the central team of CSC Academy. During the process, if any CSC Academy VLE is found not adhering to the notified standards, shall be liable to be terminated with immediate effect or given a time frame to comply.
CSC Academy Minimum Requirements
a. Center Carpet area -Minimum 800 sq.ft
b. One reception Desk
c. Two Computer Lab classrooms
d. Sitting capacity for 30 students in at least one classroom
e. One Sign Display Board of CSC Academy size – 6ftX3ft
f. One Notice Board
g. At least 15 desktop computers/laptops with webcam and headphone
h. One printer
i. One scanner(A4 size)
j. One biometric device
k. One projector
l. Preferred License Software for all Computers- Operating System
m. Preferred License Software for all Computers – MS-OFFICE/ Open Office or Open Source Software
n. Power Backup (UPS/Inverter / Generator etc.)
o. All Systems Connected with LAN
p. Internet speed connectivity (1 mbps)
q. Atleast one full-time and part-time lab/teaching staff