The CSC Academy aims to:
● Foster the capability and development of the learners, especially the Village Level Entrepreneur and other stakeholder of the Common Services Centre scheme through the extensive use of Information and Communication Technologies and teaching, by delivering specialized courses/ training programmes.
● Develop, maintain and support the online learning environment for ensuring large scale e-learning opportunities for learners across India, particularly in rural and far-flung regions. Also design, develop content and delivery framework through CSC for education, skill up-gradation and other areas for community development in rural areas.
● Corporate Social Responsibility related Activity.
The goal for establishing the CSC Academies is to provide education and skill-based training to the masses in rural and semi-urban India so that VLEs can:
● Increase income via skill and educational courses
● Show the way for expanding the business to new products and services
● Increase markets and reach new customers
● Improve existing business from a small enterprise to make them a big employer, creating new jobs
● Further the learning goals of the community, and they strive to become facilitators imparting career-oriented education
● Encourage as a Micro entrepreneurship
CSC Academy shall deliver various Government of India sponsored skill and education programs, in addition to courses from the private sector. Many of them are funded under Government schemes or under Corporate Social Responsibility, CSR funding. Over a period of time, the CSC Academy shall become Education Hub to provide life-long education and learning. These may cover programs at the school level, career level, professional level and self-development level.
Each Block level CSC Academy will be established, 7076 block and urban cities